First, we think you should know as much about us as we like to know about you (you can find our company information below) - transparency is important to us.
Secondly, there are some things we need to know about you that you're perhaps a bit uncomfortable sharing, but really would be a bit impractical if you didn't (for instance you address and telephone number for deliveries).
Thirdly - and this may put your mind at ease a bit - all the data we collect on our website is encrypted (you can tell from the little lock above in the website address, and by that small badge at the bottom of each page). What that essentially means is that when you enter your personal information and send it to us, it gets scrambled into an incoherent jumble of letters and number that make it really difficult for any fraudsters out there to get their hands on your private details.
And finally, we can't just ask for any details we like and use them willynilly. As a responsible company, any information about you that we might collect, store, and process, is done in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2011. Basically, we follow the law.
By continuing to browse and use the website (vulkanbros.co), we take it as your agreement to our policies, terms and condition. If not, now would be a good time to leave.
Our Company Details
Vulkan Bros. Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (registration number 83395) with its registered office at 38 Marshfield Way, Bath, England BA1 6HG.
Information You Give Us
You agree to give us your information when you:
- Purchase products or services through the website
- Submit ratings and reviews
- When you report a problem with the website.
- When applying through our website for registration, subscribing to any of our services or requesting further services.
- If you contact us for any reason (we may keep a record of that correspondence).
- Your IP address
- Information provided to us by other companies who have obtained your permission to share information about you
Information we may request and hold includes but is not limited to the following:
- Your name, age, date of birth, sex
- Billing and delivery postal addresses
- Phone and Mobile numbers
- Email addresses
- Payment card details
- Your customer queries
Since we're not a bank or financial institution of any kind, we need to use a third party (they/them/us) to process any credit or debit card payments, or other electronic payments you make on our website.
Like our website, the systems they use also encrypt any data you provide, however they do tend to collect, store and share information differently from us.
Third party data processors who act on our behalf may use the personal data you provide us in the following manner:
- To provide you with the requested goods and/or services including but not limited to processing and fulfilling your order
- To monitor and improve the services they provide through our Website
- To manage your marketing preferences
- To contact you if there is a query regarding your order
- To verify your identity
- In certain circumstances in order to process your order and to verify your identity, they (or us) may call the telephone number you have provided to perform security checks and to request that you verify certain information
- Market research purposes
- To enable us and them to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements
- In the detection and prevention of fraud or other crimes
- To assist with any of your customer queries
- For research, analysis, risk management, legal, accounting, administrative, testing, monitoring and for our business operations
- To provide an Electronic Receipt for a purchase
Unless you have not consented to, they may use your personal data in the following manner:
- All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer, and they may share your personal information with such parties as are necessary to enable them to do such checks. The parties, which may include credit reference agencies, may keep a record of the information provided;
- To administer your account and to disclose your details to our third party service providers for the purpose of processing and fulfilment of your order;
- They or we may pass your personal data to other companies to support our business operations, and or audit purposes
They or we may also disclose your personal data where it is necessary to comply with any applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body;
- They or we may pass your information to additional parties in order to fulfil and/or despatch your orders for delivery. Those providers may send marketing material within the parcel or by post after fulfilment of your order
Transferring Data Internationally
By using and/or shopping on the website you consent to the transfer of your personal data to third party data processors located in countries outside of the European Economic Area ('EEA').
Payment Card details
We process your payment card details in order to complete purchases that you make through our website, and may in certain instances disclose your personal data to third party credit reference agencies to perform credit checks against you.
Phishing is a method used by fraudsters to deceive someone into giving sensitive information. Most of the time phishing will take the form of emails, which purport to be from well-known companies and ask recipients to send their private information. This information is then used for identity theft and fraud.
Vulkan Bros. will only ask you to send personal details by email if it is responding to a query you have sent us online and these details are needed to answer your query properly. In this case, there will be a unique reference number in our email to you, which refers to your original query. We will never ask you to send any personal details by email unless you have contacted us first. If you have not contacted Vulkan Bros, please ignore any email claiming to be from us which asks for personal details, and let us know about it.
If we ever requires your personal information other than when you have already contacted us with a query, for security reasons we may ask you to give us a call.
We will also never ask you to share any private username, login, or passowrd information - if you do receive such a request, whether electronically (like in an email) or by phone or sms text message, you can be sure it's not us and we advise you not to respond or disclose any such information, and report the incident to the relevant authorities.
Well that pretty much wraps up formailities; all that remains is for us to say that we hope that none of this puts you off us, and that we're happy to answer any questions or quieries you may have - just drop us a line.